4.9 Inspiration for Your Portfolio: Some Examples
An artist portfolio website helps artists to find new clients, be noticed by agencies and build fan followers. An artist portfolio website is not just a collection of artworks; it is also a business and marketing tool and should be treated as such.
Below you will find a few examples of inspiring sites which are the portfolio of their owners and sometimes also sell their work. As you will see, there is no single model for the best portfolio. One thing to know for sure: a good portfolio website includes, first and foremost, Design, Creativity, Content and Usability!
- Lotta Nieminen is an illustrator, graphic designer and art director from Helsinki, Finland; http://www.lottanieminen.com/
- Kimi Lewis is a Los Angeles-bred, award-winning illustrator, graphic designer and art director; https://www.kimilewis.com/
- Lieke van der Vorst (Liekeland) is the illustrator from Netherlands; https://liekeland.nl/
- Shantell Martin is an award-winning New York city based artist; https://shantellmartin.art
- Cami is a freelance illustrator based in Lisbon, Portugal, originally from Romania; https://camidobrin.com/
- Alicia Haberman is a production designer at a leading marketing and music agency; https://www.theconsciousink.com/
- Pei-wan Huang Shea is a set designer and costume designer; her work includes set designs for films such as Sleepy Hollow, Alice In Wonderland, A Christmas Carol and Cinderella; https://www.peiwendesign.com/
- Elif Sezen is an Australian-Turkish multidisciplinary visual artist, bilingual writer and poet; https://www.elifsezen.com/home
- Emily Lang is an English printmaker and book artist; http://www.emilylang.co.uk/
- Gosia Mosz illustrated the Polish version of Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass; https://www.mosz.com/
- Terhi Asumaniemi is a visual artist and photographer based in Finland, currently working on photography projects related to nature and culture; https://www.asumaniemi.com/